Saturday, July 28, 2012

Tracy Damme Biehl (Lexington, NE)


I've had a lifelong struggle with ADD. I used to refer to myself as not being able to think in a straight line as I spent an inordinate amount of time going in circles which was very frustrating when you're a mom and at the time had 5 kids to tend to. When my son was 6 months old, I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and had a recurrence when my youngest daughter was 9 months old. As often happens with a cancer diagnosis I developed depression and at times, it was profound. And I believe that as a result of the treatment or as an offshoot of the disease, I developed fibromyalgia. By then I was already taking prescriptions for both the ADD and depression. Every day I took the ADD meds, I became very nauseous and it would last for 2 to 3 hours. It didn't matter if I took it with food, without food, morning, evening, midday. I had a job at the time that required me to be able to work mentally AND physically so I would take it only when my symptoms were bad enough and required  the meds. It became a very unhealthy way to survive. But one day I got a phone call from Tom Owens and my life changed. He said there were products that were doing wonderful things and were all natural. The products were the main draw for my involvement and I signed up to become a distributor. With neither the consent or advisement of my doctor, I stopped taking the prescriptions and began taking StressEze. Within the week, I had more energy and was functional in a way that I'd not been for YEARS! I began to supplement with TruBlue and Blue Essentials in mid-February and felt even better. One day in mid-March, my then 15 year old son came to me and plopped on my lap (just to hear me holler, pretty sure) and started squirming around. At that moment, it occured to me that for the first time in 15 years, one of my children could sit in my lap and it didn't hurt. So now, and I love this more than anything, they come to me and sit on my lap. Just because they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment