Friday, July 27, 2012

Phyllis Wilkey (Starke, FL)

About 4 years ago I was at a Doctor's appointment where, like always, I had to get weighed.  The scale said 289 lbs.  I was horrified at the thought of being almost 300 lbs.  The doctor told me I had to do something or I was going to be in serious trouble. My blood pressure was through the roof and had to have a second prescription added to bring it down.  I was boarderline diabetic.  My feet, knees and back hurt all the time.  I asked the doctor for help and he said he would get me some literature.  When returning to the room he informed me that they were out of brochures and would have to mail them to me.  I never received them, or any help from my doctor except the additional prescription.

I managed to loose 40 lbs on my own mostly by quitting a very stressful job.  I worked 80hrs a week and had formed some really bad eating habits.  I never ate breakfast and my idea of lunch was grabbing a double cheeseburger in the drivethru while on my way to take deposits to the bank.  I didn't get home until very late so dinner was usually after 9pm.  Then off to bed just to get up in the morning and do it all again.

It took me over two years to loose those 40 lbs., and then I got stuck.  Could not loose anymore.  So, I thought,  "Phyllis, you are going to have to exercise" and I joined a gym.  Started going to Zumba class which I absolutely loved.  While I was loosing inches, I actually gained 15 lbs.  Everyone told me not to worry because muscle weighed more than fat.  But I didn't want to hear that, I was determined not to gain anymore weight.  All my life I had tried to lose weight....lose 20, gain back 30....lose 10, gain back 25...on and on and on.  I was NOT going to let that happen again.

Last August my Daughter, Megan Reed, introduced me to Livinity.  I immediately began using the LivinSlim Plus.  I started loosing weight again, and even managed to lose 10 lbs. during the Christmas holiday.  I was able to get off two prescriptions I was taking for Fibermyalsia by using the pain management products.  Then in January the company announced a Get the Skinny contest, and the winning team would win a free cruise.  I jumped into the program with both feet.  I started taking GlucoLiv and TruBlue as recommended for the weight lose system, and following Dr. Harris' diet instructions to the letter.  The weight AND inches started to just melt away.

Since October, 2012, I have lost 76 lbs. using Livinity's Get the Skinny Weight Loss System.  I no longer need the two prescriptions to control my blood pressure.  I have gone from a size 22 to a 12 and I feel fantastic.  It was so simple:  take the supplements and don't eat carbs.  Thank God for Livinity and Dr. Dennis Harris.

No comments:

Post a Comment